Get in touch with your wild side with these Jungle animal cupcakes…
Recently I made a range of animal print cupcakes for a Jungle event and they were a huge hit, so I thought I would share how I made them so you can do it too! I chose to do the zebra, tiger, leopard, giraffe, white leopard, just because they are my favourites and they look cool. The beauty of these designs is that they are so versatile, once you have learnt how to paint them they can be used for so many different themed parties, like glamour teen, cougar parties, sex kitten, glamour adult, jungle, safari, tribal, circus etc. You can paint these designs on a full cake, or portions of, on bows, on corset cakes.. the mind boggles!!
Here’s a little high speed video I put together of me making these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65on2_JqhKM
Here is a picture tutorial for you so you can follow step by step.
What you will need:
- fondant (white, beige and orange)
- rolling pin
- cornflour to dust your surface
- powder colours (black, white, brown, orange)
- rose spirit or vodka to mix with your paint
- round circle cutter
- white buttercream
- pallet knife and small spatula
- various brushes
- roll out fondant to about 4 mm thickness
- lightly imprint the circle cutter but don’t cut through, this gives you a guide for your painting
- paint your designs going slightly outside the circle, mix the colours to make grey for the white leopard and various shades of brown for the leopard and giraffe
- cut out the circles all the way through once you have finished each painting and you have a nice clean edge
- lightly cover the circles with cling film at this stage so they don’t dry out… they need to be flexible to curve over the cupcake
- cover the cupcakes in buttercream bringing it neatly to the edge of the patty case (see pic/video)
- lay the fondant circle on top of the cupcake and smooth gently with the heel of your hand to stick it to the buttercream
- voila!! your cupcake is complete!! Roarrrrrr 😉I hope you liked this little tutorial. If you would like to see more from me you can subscribe to my blog, follow me on Instagram @art_de_cake and Facebook: Art de Cake – Lisa Steuerwald. Leave me a comment below or if you have any questions please let me know I would be happy to help. To share this tutorial click on the icons below, so we can spread the wildness far and wide 🙂
EAT – CELEBRATE – ENJOY!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.