I know, I know, I’ve kept you waiting long enough for this delicious recipe but here it is!!! The Gucci of all Chocolate Fudge Buttercream recipes! This buttercream is perfect for filling and covering a cake and just the right consistency for piping. The secret to this recipe is the cream cheese and the heavy cream that I use instead of milk. It’s very straight forward and will bring you so much joy you will be dancing around the kitchen as you lick the spoon 😉
This recipe creates the same glossy, silky texture as Swiss meringue buttercream but without the eggs, so it’s ideal for VEGETARIANS, or anyone with egg allergies or intolerances. To make this Chocolate fudge buttercream VEGAN, substitute the cream cheese for coconut cream and the consistency should be right even without the cream, if you think it’s a bit firm you can add water to the mixture, or a nut milk if you prefer, half a teaspoon at a time.
Here is my chocolate cake recipe
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 4 tbspns cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup cocoa the best brand you can lay your hands on
- 5 cups icing sugar
- ½ tspn salt
- 2 tspn vanilla
- ¾ cup heavy cream – thickened cream is fine
- Mix the butter and cream cheese together in a mixer.
- While that is beating, mix together the icing sugar, salt and cocoa powder in a separate bowl to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture a cup at a time, alternating it with the cream.
- Then add the vanilla and beat until fully combined and smooth.
- This should be the perfect consistency, but if its too firm, or too soft… you can add more cream or icing sugar to get it the consistency you want.
- Spread on cake immediately before you eat it all out of the bowl!!!
EAT – CELEBRATE – ENJOY!!